Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chicken vs Fox

In class today while discussing who are the chickens and who are the foxes, I have come up with my own opinion. Personally I feel that Hanks wife, Sarah, is the ultimate fox in this movie and everyone else are her chickens. Although she has a minor role in the film, everything happens more or less because of her. Hank brings her into the situation just as much as he is in it right from the get co, and to his stupidity listens to her every word. Once maybe twice he contradicts her plan, but after some arguing he ultimately winds up doing her plan. Now Jacob, Lou, and even Carl are the smaller chickens in the picture because they listen to Hanks every word (which in actuality is Sarah's). My favorite part in the film is when Sarah and Hank are arguing in their bedroom and she says something along the lines of "Just a few days ago no one would have thought you would be cab able of doing the things you have done" I find this statement so ironic and funny it really sums up her character. Good film choice, not one of my particular favorites, but it did keep me guessing until the end. Also I feel Billy Bob Thorton once again stole the film with his acting.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting take on this. I have a theory that misogyny is pervasive, even, or rather, especially, among women. Every year, when Susan gets slapped by Kane during the picnic scene, everyone erupts into cheers.

    ReplyDelete